Sunday, November 22, 2009

L4D peeps gathering

I had a great time with them =D

Decided to bring the corn salad + scallopini white sauce for pasta + fondue. Also decided to bring the Japanese peanut sauce (overkill =/) I made garlic spread the night before, and I'm glad that everyone ate a lot of that =D

We were supposed to meet up at 2pm, but =/ turns out I was the earliest...again =/ XDD I felt like going to the arcade but with the trolley bag...well, too bulky I guess. Plus, I was a bit tired and I didn't want any encounter with the regs there to dampen my day.

So I slacked at Macs till Mag and Pink came along =D lol Mag's hair really stands out XD saw his hair before I even saw them =X

After that, met up with Akira as well, and then headed off to the NTUC to grab the fresh food stuffs.

I think overall we did pretty well =D The food was great (pasta, soup, garlic bread, salad) if a bit too rich/heavy; the fondue could have been better though =/ IDK. The Aalst chocolate was really thick. For the entire box + a handful of the 55% chocolate couverture drops (Phoon Huat), I had to use 2 bars of cocoa butter (Phoon Huat's again) to ensure that it would actually START flowing. I had only 2 bars, else I would have put more. Note to self: Buy a lot of cocoa butter for x'mas party.

There was one part in which everyone stopped Wii-ing and started eating the chocolate. I think it was great =D It was like, heart-warming XD

After that I played Wii (Raving Rabbids)...awesome! I really like the idea of using both hands actively like that. I probably could buy the Wii and use it to work out at home =/

Many thanks to JQ who let me continue playing by going to wash up ^.^" I really appreciated that (my heart also kinda melted XD) he washed all the pieces because what I'd wanted to do was to simply wipe the excess chocolate off and then wash them when I reached home.

After that we cabbed home. I miss him. I really do. We hardly spend a lot of time together now, but I'm also really glad that he's pursuing something he likes. I wouldn't have it any other way =))))


Next big makan session should be at Mr. Paul's =X