Monday, February 8, 2010

No Expressions

My tears don't fall
They crashed around me.
Steadily they poured
2 hours through the night

I can only remember that fateful night, and I realise no matter how strong I make myself out to be, I still feel the pain as if it happened, as if it was happening over again. And I realise that I still haven't gotten over it. The pain still lingers, the rain of tears continues.

Won't you listen to what I'm really trying to say?
My tears are filling up my glasses.
No expressions, no expressions.


If I were to leave you today, would you passively accept it, berating yourself, blaming yourself? Or would you come back to me and maybe, once and for all tell me what I really want to hear?

Set the person you love free.
If he comes back to you
Then it's meant to be.


I wish you were here, but at the same time, I know that I can't be too possessive, that I must let you enjoy yourself with your friends as well. It's the latter that's killing me. I don't want to hold you back - indeed, I can't be too restrictive.

And those times when I was sick, I am grateful that you sent me home, but being the stupid, selfish girl that I am, I kept wishing so hard, so very hard that you'd stay and accompany me, even when I fall asleep - because that's what I really wanted. To fall asleep knowing that you're there. Maybe, to you, it was a waste of time, but either way, it broke my heart, because I don't want to hold you back, but I don't want to let you go too, sometimes.

Sometimes I feel like I'm standing outside, behind a glass window, watching you live your life. And you know what? The funny thing is: I'm actually somewhat glad to be like a guardian angel for you, to watch over you, to protect you, to love you. Maybe I'm not supposed to love anyone forever, but I'm here on this Earth to care and love someone for an interval of time, to show him what it means to love, so that he can truly love the one that's destined to be with him.

But baby, I want you to know, that I would never forget you.

I don’t even know where it’ll end up, but I’ll send you my love and trust that it will reach you - Realize by Nami Tamaki