Friday, February 12, 2010

Stupidity and Selfishness

You stupid girl.

Why do you expect so much, when your first line of defense against heartache is "Don't expect too much"?

You stupid girl.

It's so ironic that society today teaches us to expect more of ourselves, and then here she is, trying her best to not expect so much from her relationship, so that she won't scare him away, or kill herself in the process.

You stupid girl.

And she was the one who said that "this one will be my last. If it doesn't work out, then no more. I can't take the heartache."

You stupid girl.

Why let yourself suffer so much?

You stupid girl.

Why tear and scream silently when he doesn't see or hear you?

You stupid girl.

Because I don't want to let him know how much it hurts. I'm disappointed, yes, but it's only because I expected too much from him. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much. I can't expect too much.

Maybe after chanting that I'll remember that I can't expect too much from a relationship, or else I'll end up hurting myself and him again.

I always hurt those who love me. Maybe it's an assumption, but at least I know I always hurt those close to me.

You stupid girl.